Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) is a federally-funded health and nutrition education program that provides free supplemental foods to promote good health for pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants, and children up to age five. WIC participants also receive one-on-one nutrition assessment and counseling, breastfeeding information and support, and referrals to health care and community services at no cost.
Watch this Minnesota WIC video: Welcome to the Minnesota WIC Program
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in the administration of its programs. WIC is an equal opportunity provider.
WIC provides healthy foods, such as:
- Infant foods
- Whole grains
- And more
The food packages vary, and are based on the nutritional needs of the participant. WIC foods are supplemental. You will need to get additional foods using other resources, such as cash, food stamps or food shelf.
View the 2018-2020 WIC Shopping Guide for more information on WIC-allowed foods.
- If you do not live in Sherburne County, please call 800-942-4030 for a WIC program in your area.
- If you live in Sherburne County, there are several ways to apply:
- Apply and schedule an appointment by phone: 763-765-4116 or 800-433-5239
- Apply online. Your submitted application will be reviewed and a staff member will contact you within two business days. Be sure to include your phone number with area code or an email address on the application.
- Submit an application by mail (PDF). Send completed application to Health and Human Services.
Preparing for Your Appointment
The Sherburne County WIC clinic is located at the Sherburne County Government Center. Go to the Health & Human Services Department on the second floor. The address is 13880 Business Center Dr, Elk River, MN 55330.
View the building and parking map for more details. Building & Parking Map for WIC
Clinic dates and hours vary, and appointments are required. The appointment may be scheduled for the same day that you call. You will need to bring proof of identity, address, and income to determine your eligibility. View the Appointment Reminder Form (PDF) for details.